Designing and building a bar in Ontario can be a daunting task, but with careful planning it can be a fun and rewarding experience. In this blog post we will outline some of the key considerations for both designing and building your bar. By following these tips you can ensure that your bar is both stylish and functional.
How to Design your Bar.
When choosing a location for your bar, you will need to consider the following factors:
- The size of the space: You will need enough room for your bar, as well as any furniture or fixtures you plan on adding.
- The layout of the space: You will want to create a floor plan that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- The zoning regulations in the area: You will need to make sure that your bar complies with all local zoning laws and regulations.
Creating a Floor Plan
Once you have chosen a location for your bar, you will need to create a floor plan. When creating your floor plan, you will need to keep the following factors in mind:
- Traffic flow: You will want to create a layout that allows for easy movement throughout the space.
- Seating options: You will want to provide ample seating for your guests.
- Bars and countertops: You will need to decide where you would like to place your bars and countertops.
Selecting Fixtures and Furnishings
After you have created a floor plan, you will need to select fixtures and furnishings for your bar. When selecting fixtures and furnishings, you will need to keep the following factors in mind:
- The type of atmosphere you are trying to create: You will want to choose fixtures and furnishings that match the overall tone of your bar.
- Your budget: You will need to stay within your budget when selecting fixtures and furnishings.
- The style of your bar: You will want to choose fixtures and furnishings that complement the overall style of your bar.
How to build your bar.
It is important to find a reputable contractor who has experience building bars. You will want to get multiple bids from different contractors and ask for references. Once you have chosen a contractor, be sure to get a signed contract that outlines the scope of work and cost.
In order to build your bar, you will need to obtain the proper permits from the city or county where you live. The type of permit you need will depend on the size and scope of your project. Building permits can be obtained from your local city or county government office.
As you are building your bar, you will need to schedule inspections with the city or county inspector. Inspections are required at various stages of construction in order to ensure that the work is up to code.
Designing and building a bar can be a fun and rewarding experience. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can ensure that your bar is both stylish and functional. With a little planning and effort, you can create the perfect space for entertaining friends and family.
About GTA General Contractors
GTA General Contractors has been a leading general construction company in the Toronto/Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and throughout Ontario for more than 32 years, and we are able to design, manage, and build your project from start to finish. GTA General Contractors is a full-service construction and commercial development company that also provides consultancy services, construction management, design/build services, general contracting, project management, and more.