A custom home is a one-of-a-kind home for a specific client and for a particular location. The custom home builder may use plans created by an architect or by a professional home designer. Custom home construction Toronto affords the consumers the opportunity to control layout, lot size, and accessibility of their home. In most cases, custom home construction happens on the land the home buyer already owns. Some developers sell fully serviced lots specifically for the purpose of custom home construction Toronto. This makes it easy to build a custom home since the lot is construction-ready and builders can focus purely on the design of the home.
We can understand custom home construction Toronto in some basic steps. After all, it is more fun to build something if you have at least a rough idea of what is going on around you. GTA General Contractors has completed numerous custom home construction projects in Greater Toronto Area based on following process.
- At first, the construction crew preps the site for custom home construction. They put up wooden frames to serve as the template for house. Also, the crew digs trenches and holes. They then pour in the foundation and city inspector makes inspection of foundation.
- The crew develops shell or a skeleton of your custom home . They frame the house roughly, complete with floor systems, walls and roof systems. At the same time, the electrical and plumbing contractors run pipes and wires through the interior walls, ceilings and floors. The custom home construction Toronto crew installs sewer lines and vents, as well as water supply lines for each fixture. They also put bathtubs and one-piece shower/tub units in place at this point. It is because there’s more room to maneuver large, heavy objects.
- Construction crew installs insulation and then completes interior textures and drywall workings . They also install interior doors, baseboards, door casings, window sills, moldings, stair balusters and other decorative trim, along with cabinets, vanities and fireplace mantels and surrounds. The painters finish a coat of paint in your walls and they put up wallpapers where you want.
- Your contractor starts the exterior aspects of your custom home in Toronto now. Generally, they form exterior driveways, walkways and patios at this initial stage. They install ceramic tile, vinyl and wood flooring. They also make your yard ready for landscaping. This marks the end of a tedious process in Custom Home Construction Toronto.
- Then the custom home construction Toronto crew installs light fixtures, outlets and switches. They complete the electrical panel. HVAC equipment is installed and registers completed. The crew puts sinks, toilets and faucets in place. They install mirrors, shower doors and carpeting and start final cleanup. Trees, shrubs and grass are planted and other exterior landscaping completed.
- Your builder form GTA General Contractors will walk you through your custom home to acquaint you with its features and the operation of various systems and components, and explain your responsibilities for maintenance and upkeep as well as warranty coverage and procedures. This is often referred to as a pre-settlement walk through. You can spot items to correct and adjust, so be attentive and observant
Need to construct a custom home in Toronto? Call us today and find out why 9 out f 10 people who call us choose us as contractors for custom home construction Toronto.
You can also visit us at www.gtageneralcontractors.com to request a quote or for any answers to your queries.