A custom home is a one-of-a-kind home that is designed for a specific client and for a particular location. The custom home builder may use plans created by an architect or by a professional home designer. Custom home construction affords the consumers the opportunity to control layout, lot size, and accessibility of their home. In most cases, custom home construction happens on the land the home buyer already owns. Some developers sell fully serviced lots specifically for the purpose of custom home construction Toronto. This makes it easy to build a custom home since the lot is construction-ready and builders can focus purely on the design of the home.
Custom home construction in Toronto can be understood in some basic steps. After all, it is more fun to build something if you have at least a rough idea of what is going on around you. GTA General Contractors has completed numerous custom home construction projects in Greater Toronto Area based on following process.
- At first, the construction crew preps the site for custom home construction. Wooden frames are put up to serve as the template for house. Also, trenches and holes are dug by the crew. Foundation is poured in and city inspector makes inspection of foundation.
- Rough framing of the house is completed with floor systems, walls and roof systems to develop a shell or a skeleton of your custom home. At the same time, the electrical and plumbing contractors start running pipes and wires through the interior walls, ceilings and floors. Sewer lines and vents, as well as water supply lines for each fixture, are installed. Bathtubs and one-piece shower/tub units are put in place at this point because there’s more room to maneuver large, heavy objects.
- Insulation is then installed; interior textures and drywall workings are completed. Interior doors, baseboards, door casings, window sills, moldings, stair balusters and other decorative trim are installed, along with cabinets, vanities and fireplace mantels and surrounds. Walls get a finish coat of paint and are wallpapered where applicable.
- Now comes the time to start working on the exterior aspects of your custom home in Toronto. Generally, exterior driveways, walkways and patios are formed at this initial stage. Ceramic tile, vinyl and wood flooring are installed as well as countertops. Exterior finish grading is completed to ensure proper drainage away from your custom home and yard is made ready for landscaping.
- Light fixtures, outlets and switches are installed and the electrical panel is completed. HVAC equipment is installed and registers completed. Sinks, toilets and faucets are put in place. Mirrors, shower doors and carpeting are installed, and final cleanup takes place. Trees, shrubs and grass are planted and other exterior landscaping completed.
- Your builder form GTA General Contractors will walk you through your custom home to acquaint you with its features and the operation of various systems and components, and explain your responsibilities for maintenance and upkeep as well as warranty coverage and procedures. This is often referred to as a pre-settlement walkthrough. It’s also an opportunity to spot items that need to be corrected or adjusted, so be attentive and observant
Need to construct a custom home in Toronto? Call us today and find out why 9 out f 10 people who call us choose us as contractors for custom home construction Toronto.
You can also visit us at www.gtageneralcontractors.com to request a quote or for any answers to your queries.